Jeff Hove Software Consulting
Over 30 years of software development and management experience. (I started very young.)
Experienced project manager and IS Director. Very interested in project
life-cycle planning and management. Wrote own project life-cycle tracking
Most professional experience is in designing sytems for health care
treatment plan generation and service coordination. Current experience
(8yrs) maintaining and expanding a Titan application for retail point-of-sale,
retail sales accounting, and inventory management at a large Telecommunications
company. Involved with interface design, batch operations scheduling
and troubleshooting, disaster recovery and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Recently developed SOAP and XML RPC interfaces and a Progress-based
dynamic web server.
Also very experienced with electronics, PC configuration, installation, networking,
and repair. Soldered my first computer, a Heathkit H-8 with 8080 microprocessor at age 13.
Hobies include aviation, robotics, rocketry, and restoration of vintage computers.
- IT Manager, IT Director
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst(BA)
- Database Analyst(DBA)
- System Administrator(SA)
- SAP Master Data Governance for global manufacturer
- Wholesale Distribution of after-market Tractor and farm equipment parts
- Development of Web Ordering applications
- Data Migrations for corporate mergers and acquisitions of large telecommunications and manufacturing companies
- Sarbanes-Oxley(SOx) compliance modifications to ERP application security, server, processes, and IT policies and procedures
- Database Replication, Hot Spare System syncronization, Disaster Recovery planning
- Retail Point of Sale data collection and interface to ERP and other systems
- Data visualization of ultrasonic medical device for measuring blood flow
- Healthcare Clinical Assessment software development
- Developed software interfaces for data acquisition from geographic survey devices
- SAP Data migrations, master data governance, operations trouble-shooting
- WDS II Warehouse Distribution System (including Order Entry, AR, AP, MRP, etc)
- Python, C, C++
- Unix Shell scripting: ksh, bash
- Progress 4GL RDBMS (25 years)
- Web Services using SOAP, XML-RPC, AJAX, JASON
- VB.Net, Basic (particularly HP Interpreted Basic), PASCAL, FORTRAN
- Various assembly and machine code languages
- MS-Windows 3.1 through Windows 10, MS-DOS, CP/M
- Unix: RedHat Linux RHEL 5, Raspian, HPUX, AUX, SCO
- VMS, KRONOS, NOS (remember those?)
Software Development projects:
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- TrackIt, ServiceNow, WorkFront/AtTask. Developed own Task Tracking software.
- Maestro (Cross-platform batch process management
Training and self-study:
- Established factory-style IT proceesses for smooth flow through full product development and support life-cycle.
- Developed own Task Tracking software for Change Requests, HelpDesk Support Tickets, tasks.
- Developed UNIX/Linux script for monitoring health of server, database, and batch jobs. It sent emails and text messages to alert to risks and issues.
- Developed UNIX/Linux scripts to manage database syncronization of hot-spare server
- Developed SOx-compliant automated release process for program code changes, database schema changes, data changes.
Jeff Hove Software Consulting
- Continuous Improvement(CI): Kaizen, 5S/6S, Value-Stream Mapping, leadership/policy deployment, Lean Manufacturing, Kanban, TQM
- DevOps application of Lean principles to IT for smooth, efficient operation.
- Electronics and robotics
St. Paul, Minnesota