Minnesota Air Guard Museum Artifacts
Many of the images for the planes are
crude placeholders for later elaboration. Feel free to browse
about, but the good stuff won't be done for a while.
- Link Trainer
- C-97 Globemaster flight deck
- C-130 full trainer
- F-4D Phantom II Instrument trainer
- F-4D Phantom II Egress trainer
- F-102 Delta Dart Familiarization trainer
- OX-5 V-8 cylinder, liquid cooled with exposed rocker arms. Used by
many post-WWI biplanes.
- Jacobs radial
- Pratt & Whitney R985 Jr Wasp Radial - Used on C-45 and Beavers
- Pratt & Whitney R1350 Wasp Radial - Used on C-47
- Cut-away, moving, PW R3850 Twin-bank Radial
- ... Many other radial engines ...
- ... Many 4 and 6 cylinder horizontally-opposed engines ...
- Centrifugal-flow jet engine - from T-33
- Axial-flow jet engine - from F-4
- Turbo-Prop engine, gearbox, and prop from C-130, cut-away
We also have a gift store that offers t-shirts, patches, models, books,
and other interesting aviation items.
- Worlds largest display of Air National Guard unit patches
- Many propellers from a wide variety of planes
- Uniforms and flight gear
- Photo archive of Mrs Ray S. Miller, wife of the founder of the Air Guard
- Large collection of aircraft flight manuals and Tech. Orders, including
many experimental military aircraft.
- Large library of aviation books and magazines.
- Scale model collection of Air Guard aircraft and others. (The museum
is also the home to the Twin-Cities Aero Historians modeling and
Back to the
MN Air Guard Museum home page.