Stuff I'm trying to find, or would like for holiday gifts
Updated 3/18/07 jph
Here are some items that I have been searching for. If you have
any of these for sale, or would like to make a donation, please contact me
- A new good quality Volt-Ohm-Meter(VOM)
- 19" LCD Computer Display (3 of them actually!)
- Out-of-production Computers/Electronics:
- Hewlett-Packard HP 9845B or 9845C: This is a vintage "desktop calculator" all-in-one computer from the late 1970's.
- Heathkit H-18 Floppy Disk Drive unit and controller card for the H-8 computer.
- Heathkit H-10 Paper Tape Punch for the H-8.
- Model 33 Teletype
- Any computer or equipment made before 1985.
- Back bay cover for HP 9000 817S
- Stand to hold a notebook computer vertical on desk so can see display but use a remote keyboard/mouse.
- Torx bits set
- ProTech bandsaw (Menards $95 beige & black to match my other tools)
Books ( Many are available used through ABE, ebay, or Amazon's Used
section, or from other vendors found through Google):
- Heathkit "Hero" robot
- Omnibot 2000 serving tray
- Clear Plastic exercise ball for Axlon Petster Hamster
- 2 foam darts for the R.A.D. 1.0 robot
- The Strange Story of Light by Richard Feynman
- "Small Sounding Rockets" By Peter Alway??? Haggarty http://www.arapress.com/ssr.html
- "Apollo EECOM" by Sy Liebergot http://www.spaceflightnow.com/store/books/apolloeecom.html
- MAKING SPACE HAPPEN: Private Space Ventures and the Visionaries Behind
Them by ,Paula Berinstein, Medford, NJ: Plexus Publishing, 2002, 0-9666748-3-9, 490p, SC/FCI, $24.95
- "Ignition: An Informal History of Liquid Rocket Propellants" Clark,
John D. 1972 ISBN 0-8135-0725-1 Rutgers Univ. press (oop)
- "Modern Engineering for Design of Liquid-Propellant Rocket Engines"
Dieter Huzel and David Huang, 431 pages, 1992, AIAA, Inc. ISBN 1-56347-013-6
- The Contested Legacy of Ayn Rand by David Kelley
- Tom Swift and his G-force Inveter (#30)
- Tom Swift and the Dyna-4 Capsule (#31)
- Tom Swift and the Galaxy Ghosts (#33)
- Anything about Space Exploration or rocketry.
- A first printing of Bertrand Brinley's "The Big Kerplop" (have a reprint)
- "Apollo:The Race to the Moon" by Murray and Cox. (have one copy, would like another to loan out)
- "Extreme Rocketry" magazine Issue #1
- "American Rocket Society" journals
Music CD's or Tapes:
- Melrose Place TV Series DVD Seasons 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
- Real Genius (1983)
- Project Gemini DVD http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009XYYC/ref=pd_sxp_elt_l1/102-9549686-9776900(see used)
- A Sense of Life: (biography of Ayn Rand)
- ???? - Help me find this move (or made for TV) that aired in the late 1960's or early 70's: In it a hawk that had been raised in captivity gets free and is trying to find other hawks. In one scene it finds R/C airplanes flying and lands near one that has crashed. The movie was narrated in the style of "Cougar Country" or "Born Free" and other pseudo-documentary fictional nature movies.
- Zamfir the magic of the Pan Flute (the one with "The Lost Shepherd" song from the Kill Bill vol 1 soundtrack)
- "Surfer Rosa" by The Pixies (includes "Where's My Mind" from the movie Fight Club
- "The World is Not Enough" soundtrack by Garbage
- Large mixer or dual-screw extruder (5qt or larger) for making rocket propellant. Great if it has vacuum capability also.
- RDAS flight computer with GPS and Air-to-ground telemetery from AED
- Out of Production rocketry stuff:
- Estes TransRoc radio transmitter for rockets
- Estes Alpha III rocket kit (old with the red fins and nosecone)
- 3 styrofoam mannequin heads for displaying my helmets.
- Cox Messerschmidt Me-109 string-control model airplane
- Unicycle (Not sure what model/size. I'm a beginner at 5'10" 185 lb, 33" inseam)
- "Major Matt - Astronaut" action figure from the late 1960's
- Yak-52 Aerobatic airplane
- Factory parts for my 1966 Cessna 150F:
- Heavy Duty nosewheel fairing/pant parts:
- 1442200-4 (2) "support" Mounting brackets. They are
"U" shaped to fit inside of the axel tube plug with the axel passing
through the bottom of the "U" and two nutplates on the ends of the "U"
for the fairing to screw to.
- 1442200-6 Fairing top cover
- 1442200-11 "Spacers" (2) for fairing mounting bolt through strut
- 1442108-1 (2) spacers-towbar attach, that go on longer scissors link.
- 0413378-3 Stewart Warner 43122 fuel gauge
- 0700315-2 (now 0501019-1) original 2-piece tow bar and the hold down clip/bolt for stowing it in baggage compartment
- 0716124-6 (now S2359-1) Fuel Vent Valve
- 0411257 Universal Joint for pilot's control yoke
- S1319-1 30amp ammeter (and the shunt and cable)
- 0700163-2 (now 0700189-10) True Airspeed Bezel (+ 0700162-7 spacer and 0700162-1 retainer)
- XH99608F1099 Stud to hold instrument panel plastic cover at top of copilot side, also used around edge of door panels
- 150 emblems for side:
- 0400137-1 (now 0400202-1 ?) decals
- 0500125-1 and 0700748-1 Cessna emblem and background
- Some more generic items for my plane:
- KN-63 remote DME reciever
- Cannon plug connector for VOA-9 VOR/ILS Indicator
- Metal cover for the back of the connector plug for KNS-81 RNAV
- Connector for KN-75 remote Glideslope receiver
- Spin-on oil filter conversion adapter for 0-200 (with STC such as F&M T.A.F.-L)
Back to Jeff's Home Page